Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Upcoming events and a new review

Another review from LibraryThing:
Jorgy Jorgensen is definitely a remarkable individual who overcame long odds to rise to a well respected position in his chosen profession. The book conveys his laconic voice well although, to some extent, it is a victim of his accomplishments in that, even when Jorgy's not bragging, the book seems to be.

The book holds obvious appeal for fans of aviation and those interested in the behind the scenes stories of the Alaska bush. While I am neither of those, the book held my interest quite well too.
There are two upcoming events at which you can meet Holger Jorgensen and get a copy of his book. The first is a book signing at Gulliver's, Saturday, May 17, from 2 to 4 (and probably a bit later). The second is a talk on aviation and his life at Noel Wien Library, Wednesday, May 21, at 7 pm. Jorgy will give an overview and perhaps an anecdote or two, and he and Jean Lester will be available for questions and book signing afterward.

2 comments:

Barry/Dad/Uncle B said...

I'm half way through the book and loving it! Please give my best to Jorgy. We "plumbed" and jerked the gear for Jorgy at Great Northern in the late '70s and consider him my mentor when it comes to really learning how to fly. My thanks to whoever placed the book in my mailbox at Alaska Airlines.
Barry Copeland

Deirdre Helfferich said...

I will be delighted to pass on your message. Thank you!